Principal Cloud Engineer
With Citizens Bank in Franklin TN USMore jobs from Citizens Bank
Posted on November 20, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, amazon-web-services, python, openshift, datadog
Citizens Bank is currently seeking senior and mid Level Cloud Engineers to help drive innovation within our cloud platforms and deployment pipelines. In this role you will work with a group of talented engineers who are dedicated to building out secure, scalable and robust cloud platforms. This position offers the opportunity to design and shape the products that will continuously and effectively drive change. Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing infrastructure-as-code to instantiate cloud solutions.
- Evaluating various cloud platforms as well as the services within those platforms
- Understanding industry best practices and challenging the status quo to support continuous improvement
- Inspiring trust and confidence in partners through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships with senior business and IT leaders with the goal of building, planning, assessing and prioritizing cloud related initiatives.
- Assisting in developing a culture of risk taking and innovation within the organization that continuously embraces and adapts to change
- Location is not a barrier for this role and while our preference would be to have a chosen candidate with onsite capabilities in one of our corporate headquarters – we are open to remote employment within the United States for an experienced candidate.
- Demonstrated competency PaaS, IaaS, CaaS and SaaS
- Experience with at least 1 infrastructure-as-code languages (Terraform,Cloudformation Packer, Ansible...)
- Familiarity with AWS offerings (S3, EC2, Lambdas, CloudFront,...)
- Demonstrated competency in CI/CD best practices and toolsets.
- Experience with the following technologies (AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Linux, GO, Ansible, Terraform, Vault etc..)
- Preferred Skills/Experience:
- 3 or more years in the Cloud space
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka and Apache Storm
- Experience with performance log analysis tools such as AppDynamics and DataDog
- Excellent understanding of DevOps and SRE cultures and technologies.
- Strong understanding of Web Service, API, REST and RPC.
- Past or current certification (Microsoft, AWS and VMware) is preferred. Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience. Hours and Work Schedule Hours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday #LI-Sourcer #1
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.