Cloud Security Engineer - Apple Cloud Technologies
With Apple in Austin TX USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on December 16, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, testing, java
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX). We are establishing a centralized team to enable multi-cloud access and adoption. You will partner with developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software solutions deployed on various Cloud Platforms such as AWS and GCP. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Cloud Security Engineer to focus on building a secure, continuous delivery platform running in third party clouds. Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, mission critical applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing the security of infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools for securing cloud assets across Apple Information Security. This position requires practical knowledge of security concepts, automation, software engineering, and operations at scale. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
Be part of an engineering team scaling the core cloud platform for thousands of applications in a secure manner while focusing on automation of operations and high availability. Create, manage and integrate software to secure public cloud environments. Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably, in a 24/7 environment. Be the primary source of security review for the Cloud Engineering team. Collaborate with the Information Security Assessments teams to better understand and remediate the test findings coming from related security testing. Collaborate with Information Security Analysts and Incident Responders to ensure that all the preventative, detective, and responsive actions are functioning. Collaborate with the Information Security Penetration Testing team to perform offensive security tests against the cloud platforms. Collaborate with the Information Security Vulnerability Management team to enhance the network scanning, and cloud service provider configuration scanning.
Skills & requirements
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience manually testing web applications or enterprise penetration testing
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Experience working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent, handson technology experience in large enterprise environments