Network Security Engineer
With Apple in Sacramento CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on December 16, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Network Security is constantly evolving. How cool would it be to design and implement Network security solution for Applications running within Apple Datacenter? In a fast paced rapid deployment model, network security should not be seen as a roadblock and without compromising Security. Apple is looking for a Network Security Engineer for the Global Network Services team to support the next generation intent based policy management system along with traditional Network Firewall devices. Our team is responsible for Network Firewall Operations for Apple’s internal applications and also Software Defined Network Security strategies. Specific area of responsibility includes SDN, Firewall rules and traditional network access controls in Cloud and on premises Infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, balance multiple assignments in parallel, and be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The candidate also needs to show initiative, ability to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has cross-functional aspects and you will need to show excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Skills & requirements
- Strong Networking knowledge.
- 4-5 years of experience in Managing Network Firewalls like Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX Firewalls.
- Experience in Python scripting to implement network changes.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Knowledge in Cloud Networking concepts.
- Knowledge in SDN concepts.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Network certifications at expert level
- Good to have skills:
- Experience in using APIs to optimize work streams
- Experience in Python and/or Go Language
- Created Toolsets to automate and validate configurations
- Created Toolsets to analyze and visualize data sets
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.