Cellular Modem Physical Layer Firmware Engineer
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on December 20, 2020
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Embedded Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
embedded, c++, c
Are you passionate about innovation that can enrich user experience and delight customers? Do you get excited with constant challenges and thrive in a culture of debate? Wireless Technology and Ecosystem Organization is seeking an experienced Cellular Modem Physical Layer Firmware Lead Engineer with good background in wireless systems. The hiring team is responsible for all aspects of Physical layer and Layer-1 software commercialization in Apple’s cellular products. As part of this world class team, you will help commercialize cutting edge wireless technologies in Apple products. The position demands expertise in all aspects of embedded cellular firmware development and requires close collaboration with cross functional hardware and software teams.
As a lead member of the hiring team, candidate will lead/assist design and development of Physical layer algorithms in cellular modems while also assisting with bring up, Power and Performance tuning and optimizations. The position requires high level thinking to architect solutions along with low level programming, excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. 5G/LTE PHY/L1 system engineer of a state-of-the-art mobile platform Define and specify PHY/L1 requirements spec and continuously drive PHY/L1 performance improvement. Lead cross-functional efforts to bring together various hardware/software entities work towards a common purpose.
Skills & requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing and/or developing software for embedded systems.
- Good understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols across Access Stratum and Non Access Stratum.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems.
- Python or Perl scripting experience is a plus
- Good analytical, problem solving and resolution skills.
Masters degree in CS/EE or equivalent preferred.