Production Support (DevOps) : Data Analytics - Associate
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Singapore - SGMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on January 12, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, linux, cloud
As a member of our DevOps production support group, you'll use your technical expertise as well as creative and critical thinking skills to maintain and continuously improve our global application systems. You will use and learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle and you will partner with our development and business stakeholders. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined information technologist. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require collaborating with Data Scientists and Software engineers in the Investment Bank Data Science, Machine Learning & AI groups to productionize, maintain & troubleshoot applications that use AI/ML models to solve business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a technical engineer who is a quick learner, critical thinker, enjoys problem solving, has good communication skills, is hungry for learning both the business knowledge & tech skills and is an enthusiastic team player.
* Application Support - Primary role is to provide production support for applications developed by the global data science team. The role includes troubleshooting issues, running CI/CD pipelines, application performance monitoring
* Development and debugging skills - Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support helpers and ad-hoc scripts.
* Collaboration - Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, data scientists, business users and global production management teams.
* Automation Design/Implementer - Innovate, design, implement and maintain automation strategies for a very reliable production system/flow.
* Capacity and Resiliency - Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux hosts, Private/Public cloud, Kubernetes, Kafka, Database systems, Network etc.) related capacity and resiliency management
* Incident management - Production incident management, root cause analysis (RCA) and related follow ups to ensure closure of the issue.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in application development/production support/infrastructure SRE engineering.
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages (preferably Python).
* Hands on experience working in Linux environment and relational SQL or no-SQL database technologies.
* Familiarity with any of these technologies: Containers, Big data platforms like Hadoop and Spark and/or Cloud infrastructure covering technologies like AWS, Kubernetes.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with the business users and the development teams.
* Enthusiastic to keep learning and keep growing (both in technology and business domains).
* Experience in finance or investment banking as a technologist.
* Experience using logging and monitoring tools (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Splunk, DataDog, Prometheus, Geneos) to conduct performance or capacity analysis.
* Experience with REST web services and messaging technologies like MQ, Kafka.
* Good understanding of Agile development methodologies.
* Experience with scheduling technologies like Control-M, Apache Airflow
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.