Senior ISD Engineer IV CICS & MQ Systems
With Navy Federal Credit Union in Pensacola FL USMore jobs from Navy Federal Credit Union
Posted on January 12, 2021
About this job
Compensation: $87k - 154k
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
A CICS and MQ Systems Programmer at Navy Federal Credit Union provides 24x7x365 administrative, configuration, troubleshooting, and software deployment support for CICS Transaction Server, WebSphere MQ, and supporting software products. The CICS and MQ systems programmer is responsible for maintaining the high availability production CICS and MQ environments as well as a number of test CICS environments. An MQ and CICS experienced professional who enjoys resolving system problems, and providing technical guidance on all things CICS and MQ will be a great addition to our team.
Are you an Engineer or Systems Programmer that enjoys solving problems? Do you find happiness in building a CICS or MQ environment for high availability? If you do, this may be the next career step for you.
Some things we are seeking in an Engineer or Systems Programmer:
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6-10 years of experience in mainframe CICS and / or WebSphere MQ systems programming.
• Experience with carefully planned and documented deployments of software updates to multiple environments.
•Ability to interact with management and actively participate as a member of a team.
• Experience with VSAM (including record level sharing), DB2 in CICS, Unix System Services or Linux, monitoring tools, web interfaces, and dump diagnosis / debugging tools is helpful.
• Experience with WebSphere MQ queue sharing group configuration and tuning.
• Experience programming in assembler, COBOL, and / or Java is helpful.
• Recent experience with CICS configuration, tuning, and production support. Experience in a highly available CICS environment is a big plus.
Days : Monday-Friday
This is a full time remote position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.