Senior Site Reliability Software Engineer- Regulatory Technology
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Houston TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on January 12, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* 10+ years of experience in professional technology role with leadership responsibilities
* Implementing self-healing techniques which utilize automated monitoring and telemetry to detect application distress, and then execute automated policies to take measures required to restore application health, with the goal being to detect and resolve issues automatically before application users encounter the issue.
* Focus on implementing "Vital Signs" health monitoring across the application portfolio, in order to generate augmented telemetry to support self-healing techniques.
* Serve as trusted leader on the leadership team, collaborating closely with other team leads to achieve organizational goals
* Mentor team members to continuously improve and expand their capabilities and proficiencies
* Provide architectural guidance to the team, to keep them on the right track with current engineering best practices and principles
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet youJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans