Site Reliability Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bournemouth - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on January 13, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
web-services, java, python
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Mastery in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
* Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
* Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.