Site Reliability Engineer Associate
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on January 13, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, hadoop, cloud
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The team that is delivering on this vision is global, with teams in North America, the UK, Singapore and India collaborating on the design and implementation of the platform while working very closely with the application development groups in Corporate Technology and the platform developers.
The ideal candidate will be part of developing a Data Platform that is core to the firm's data strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a cutting-edge platform and have a profound influence on the business processes of a leading global bank. The role expects an end to end involvement in the entire system architecture, understanding and supporting the components in the big data platform, with a view to deliver on various non-functional aspects such as SDLC, Telemetry, Infrastructure resiliency & scale, building automation tools to reduce manual toil, adopting core SRE principles.
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
* Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
* Strong programming experience in one or more of: Java, Python, Scala
* Strong UNIX / Perl scripting skills
* Some hands on Hadoop development or support, at least in one or more of the following areas:
- Kafka Real time messaging
- Hbase modeling and development
- Spark processing and performance tuning
- Avro or Parquet file partitioning
- Impala / Dremio
* Working proficiency in IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ
* TDD/BDD Experience along with experience in managing & Continuous integration / development toolkits like GIT/Subversion/Jenkins/Sonar/Junit etc.
* Experience deploying & supporting microservices, cloud based applications
* Strong ownership, collaboration, and communication skills
* Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.