DevOps Engineer (Fully Remote LATAM)
With Blue Orange Digital in Multiple locationsMore jobs from Blue Orange Digital
Posted on January 22, 2021
About this job
Compensation: $48k - 84k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
amazon-web-services, azure-devops, terraform, airflow, python
This is a full-time fully remote position for Latin American-based applicants within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones(NYC).
Resume must demonstrate professional English ability.
Blue Orange is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team to help build up our internal DevOps practice. We are looking for someone who will help develop and instill the DevOps mindset across the entire team at Blue Orange. This person should have a relentless drive to automate everything. The ideal candidate would have extensive SysAdmin experience as well as experience working in DevOps within an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have experience across multiple clouds and deployment scenarios but must include experience in Azure and AWS. Blue Orange builds enterprise data platforms and systems for our clients, so this candidate should have experience with supporting modern data technologies.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Provide leadership in applying DevOps principles of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline development, writing, and managing Infrastructure as Code, Automated Testing across multiple software applications.
- Work with data teams to help automate the deployment and operations of data platforms deployed in Azure and AWS
- Work with Azure DevOps, Terraform, CloudFormation, and other Automation and infrastructure tools to build robust systems.
- Support heterogeneous technologies environments including both Windows and Linux systems.
- Develop reusable, automated processes, and custom tools.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience supporting data platforms; exposure to data technologies like Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, AWS Glue, Airflow, Spark.
- Advanced level Python and Bash scripting.
- Experience designing and building robust CICD pipelines.
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Comfortable with Docker, configuration management, and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience working in cloud environments, at a minimum experience in Azure and AWS
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold an AWS or Azure DevOps certification.
*If you are seeing this on a scraped job board, please apply on our site: https://blueorange.digital/careers Quick APPLY (2min) with our Linkedin profile, Indeed profile, or simply attach an English resume or PDF of your Linkedin profile. Done.
*Women are encouraged to apply