Senior Support Engineer
With F-Secure in Helsinki - FIMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on January 27, 2021
About this job
Compensation: €50k - 65k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
security, amazon-web-services, linux, windows, macos, sysadmin
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
F-Secure is world renowned for its End Point Protection solutions – providing preventative and proactive protection to tens of millions of computer and smart devices globally. Over the past few years, the company has successfully entered new markets and has increased its portfolio of solutions to include Cyber Consulting and Managed Detection and Response Solutions.
Our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) business provides a world leading managed service that detects and responds to cyber-attacks on behalf of our clients using a strong combination of people, process and technology. Much of the technology is designed and built in house by the F-Secure engineering team specifically to support the managed service or as leveraged products that F-Secure also provides to the wider market.
MDR team compromises several sub teams: the threat hunting team who uncover adversaries on our client’s networks, incident responders who contain attacks, the research team who uncover new and emerging offensive and defensive techniques, and the Technical Operations team who maintain and develop the attack detection infrastructure to ensure it remains at the bleeding edge.
As a platform engineer in the Technical Operations team, you will:
- Be part of MDR Technical Operations Team, work close with our customers to deploy, monitor and maintain our attack detection systems (EDR and Logs) to ensure MDR teams can deliver the service at their very best.
- Support internal dedicated MDR systems.
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of security and efficiency across the MDR infrastructure through the design and implementation of security controls and co-ordination of penetration tests.
Who we think will be a great fit is someone that have the following ...
- A solid passion for cybersecurity
- Solid Customer facing experience
- Experience troubleshooting and managing Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Creatively-minded, able to work to find solutions to unique problems
Bonus Points For....
- Scripting/coding skills especially aimed at working with API’s
- Experience working with Elasticsearch (or similar NoSQL)
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise level cybersecurity
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS services
- Log collection, parsing, enrichment and analysis experience
Our four promises to you…
Freedom – you will have the opportunity to define new ways of working, including how we engage with our customers, and how product value gets represented.
You will work together with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues, and within F-Secure you'll find some of the best minds in the cyber security industry.
Your work will be clearly visible – all over the world.
Flexible, agile and dynamic working environment.