Head of Technology
With Drawboard in Melbourne - AUMore jobs from Drawboard
Posted on February 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead, Manager
pdf, scrum, c#, java, cloud
Drawboard’s vision is to make the paperless office happen, starting with the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. We’re still in the early days of accelerating the world’s transition from paper to digital and are on the hunt for talented team members to help us achieve our vision.
We exist because we are passionate about creating innovative and easy to use digital markup software to eliminate both physical and digital waste for our users across the globe.
Drawboard’s first PDF markup application (Drawboard PDF) is the #1 productivity app on the Microsoft Store and was preinstalled on Microsoft Surface for two years (millions of devices!). We’re now building out Drawboard’s document design collaboration platform that is already embraced by architecture and engineering teams worldwide - think InVision for architects.
We’re looking for a passionate Head of Technology to join our team. This person will be responsible for all technology, software, tools, process, training and culture that enable our engineers to get their work done. Our vision is to give every engineer the best possible experience from the moment they join our team. We do this by driving engagement through tooling, training, culture and delivering high value products.
As the Head of Technology at Drawboard, your primary responsibility is to own the implementation and delivery of PDF tech, partner solutions and managing the technology team; ensuring that they are growing as engineers, delivering effective technology solutions, and having a great time doing so. A solid technical background is key so that you’re able to challenge your team members to be their best. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, technical delivery and process.
We require candidates to have full working rights in Australia for consideration.
Required Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in building and leading software engineering functions within a digital/SaaS business.
You will have extensive experience architecting complex systems as a Senior Engineer or in a specialist role.
- 10 years experience leading a software team
- Experience with cloud infrastructure management
- Strong programming experience in designing and developing APIs and end-user product features.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing team as they continue to grow and scale.
- Manages all technical strategic direction for the technology team in conjunction with the Technical Architect
- Understanding and maintaining technical implementation across platforms and ensuring all teams are coordinating effectively
- Have oversight and accountability for large technical projects, including the onboarding of enterprise level customers
- Coaching and guiding engineering teams and members to ensure that we successfully deliver projects on time
- Partner with our Product teams to design and deliver high-quality products based on the Drawboard roadmap and business priorities
- Manage the relationship with technical partners, assisting in roadmap creation and product delivery schedules
- Provide key input on the technical roadmap, identifying components and possible issues that could impede the execution of plans. Work with Engineering teams to formulate creative solutions for tackling these issues before they become bottlenecks
- Support and develop technical leadership capabilities across our Engineering team
- Work with the product team, scrum leads to ensure that requirements are in the appropriate state for the Engineering team to pick up
- Ensure teams you collaborate with are delivering quickly, measuring impact and iterating to drive positive outcomes for customers
- Work with the Senior Engineers to recruit new engineers into the team, providing specialist technical advice to the recruitment process
- Participate and collaborate in requirement analysis, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and deployments, as well as sprint planning
- Assist in managing relevant vendor relationships (Azure, etc) and ensure you are getting the most from the products and services we contract for
- Work with the team to set engineering objectives and track them
- Provide regular updates to the management regarding status of team and key deliverables
Drawboard is a small and International team working mainly from our HQ in Melbourne (CBD).
We are a bunch of individuals that care deeply about the products we make and the impact these products have on our customers and the World.
Drawboard is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team makes for better products and a better workplace.