Application Integration Engineering Lead
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
windows, powershell, c#
• Responsible for influencing and driving the organizations software delivery strategy.
• Identifies and executes on opportunities for improvement in processes and technology. Stays abreast of technology trends and current business challenged. Applies technology to solve business problems and create better customer experience.
• Partner with 3rd party vendors, internal development teams, and product owners to drive application modernization strategies that enable virtualization.
• Design, coordinate and perform the installation and configuration of complex enterprise software systems.
• Document procedures for installation, upgrade and customizations. Provide design expertise.
• Document the solution fully as required and present at relevant security/architecture/ governance forums as needed. Work iteratively with these forums to gain approval for the solution
• Build and test the solution in formal test, QA and UAT surroundings before implementing in the production environment
• Develop appropriate documentation including (but not limited to) technical architecture guides and diagrams, full functional specification, security configuration, run books and other operational documents
• Generate relevant knowledge base articles and on-board the solution to the production support teams
• Serve as escalation support for the solution while conducting full knowledge transfer to engineering colleagues
Handles more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
* Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas
* Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
* Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
* Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
• Ability to work effectively remotely or onsite.
• Collaborate with geographically dispersed teams.
• A candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience in application packaging / application development roles. The candidate must have served as an escalation point / lead in previous application packaging roles supporting junior packagers.
• Advanced Microsoft App-V 5x sequencing skills, connection group experience, Office add-ins
• Advanced App-V 5x experience using Deployment and User config XML files to run system and user level scripts
• Experience creating hybrid App-V 5x packages in support of physical driver installs
• Advanced MSI/X packaging and scripting (Admin Studio., VB, Wise, PowerShell)
• Advanced Procmon skills to discover root cause issues
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate with business application stakeholders and infrastructure teams to ensure successful upgrades, installations or integration activities.
• Ability to perform client testing, server patching and deployment assistance.
* The ideal engineer will be knowledgeable and well-versed in many of the following areas:
- Virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Windows 7/10, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Windows Servers 2008/2016/2019
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft's SCCM 2012/16 technology
- Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS/Terminal Services)
- VDI Solutions (Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare)
- Microsoft Active Directory
* Prior experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
* Advanced knowledge in at least one of the infrastructure disciplines and functions:
* Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS) internals
* Systems Programming
* Experience with software development in one or more of the programming languages (PowerShell, Java, C#, .NET, Python)
* Enterprise scale resiliency
* Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization, cloud)
* Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
* Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
* Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions strategic directions through technology
* Develops mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company- wide standards
* Executes within a client centric environment when working with teams and contributors
* Experience in large scale Software development in one or more of the programming languages (C,C++, Perl, Python, Java, C#, .NET)
• Comprehensive professional experience working in large scale enterprise environments
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline, or equivalent training and experience.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans