Application Support - Unix/Python
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Buenos Aires - ARMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, unix, sysadmin
This position is for an experienced applications support resource that will be tasked to demonstrate technical and operational expertise in the Electronic Commodities, Currencies exchange and FX Options businesses of JPMorgan. This role requires working as part of Production Management team, which works closely with both Technology and Business partners to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised on a day to day basis. The businesses deals in a range of activities including trading of different financial instruments with the help of several integrated applications.
This role is part of the eCCEM Production Management group. The business and application suite is complex in nature and requires very strong technical skills to successfully support the proprietary technology. The key success criteria are: day-to-day support of trade processing / risk / market data problems, application releases, management of crisis events and monitoring and hygiene as well as ability to be able to drive change and embrace devops through automation and tooling.
• Support global applications and batches/feeds within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications.
• Maintain Global relationships with various other support teams as well as business users.
• Maintain and manage application and infrastructure availability with resiliency discipline, with inherent capability to perform complex issue investigation and resolution across wide range of applications.
• Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities.
• Develop and utilize core tools and processes to perform daily function whilst improving day to day practices for the global production management group.
• Adopt a DevOps culture to accomplish final solutions to repetitive problems.
• Work as part of the production management organization to deliver against core business objectives and ensure delivering of business functionality and stability.
• Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution.
• Support application release deployment activities into the production environment.
• Develop strong technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain.
• Develop, document, and maintain best practice policies to ensure knowledge retention and continuous learning within team with a view to developing production management knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training.
• Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure.
• Proactively identify areas for stability improvement in the software/hardware stack as well as operational processes.
• Continuously collaborate and partner with various development and engineering team to improve system, flow and environments.
• Identify and drive incidents resolutions and proactive follow-ups to issues
• Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to business users and define/track remediation actions to close.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Must be able to multi-task in a complex production environment and quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications.
• Articulate bi-lingual communication skills (written and verbal).
• Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment.
• Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas.
• Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all.
• Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Shell Scripting
• Database knowledge including SQL
• Monitoring tools knowledge: Geneos, Splunk, etc.
• Networking basic knowledge.
• Programming skills (desirable):
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans