Applications Support Engineer - Prime
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Buenos Aires - ARMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
unix, linux, sysadmin
You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including;
• Support global applications and batches/feeds within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications.
• Develop strong technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain.
• Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure.
• Identify and drive incidents resolutions and proactive follow-ups to issues
• Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to business users and define/track remediation actions to close.
• Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment.
• Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas.
• Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting - ksh, perl, bash, etc.
• Database skills (Sybase, Oracle, MSQL) including SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Programming skills (desirable): PythonJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.