Applications Support SRE Lead
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Tampa FL USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
sql, java, linux
As an Application Support professional, your dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps our company moving and thriving. In this role, you'll oversee application issues, including troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving. You'll ensure that the production changes your team makes are made keeping best practices, lifecycle methodology and overall risk top of mind. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you'll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary, and staffing issues. You'll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global network of innovators.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Basic knowledge of application development
* Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
* Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Experience supporting Java based applications within a global production support environment
* UNIX / Redhat Linux skills, including ability to function at the command level, and scripting with at least 1 language: Ksh, Perl, Bash, Python
* Database skills such as SQL and stored procedures for primarily Oracle PL/SQL
* Exposure to newer technologies such as Kafka, Micro services, Tomcat, Apache
* Exposure to Job Monitoring tools such as Control-M or Autosys preferred
* Monitoring tool familiarity such as: Geneos, , Splunk, Grafana, App Dynamics, and/or Dynatrace preferred
* Prior software development background, DevOps methodologies exposure / processes, or SRE work experience is helpful
* DevOps and AWS or other cloud exposure, fintech / financial services / tech industry experience preferred
* Ability to work outside of normal hours including participating in a changing, rotational on-call schedule including weekends week per business needs
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans