Cloud Telemetry and Observability Senior Architect
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Jersey City NJ USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, web-services, amazon-web-services
Cloud Telemetry and Observability Senior Architect
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focusedapproach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
GTI have started their journey of homogenizing their approach to products and build a trusted, integrated private cloud ecosystem, called Gaia Cloud, to match the experience of the public cloud - this is encapsulated in the GTI Strategy 2025 vision.
A fundamental corner stone for this vision is a consistent, reliable and standardized telemetry platform driving consistency across Events, Logs, Metrics, Traces, and Alerts to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. To this end, GTI are seeking a highly experienced Gaia Telemetry Architect.
As the Architect - you will work closely with engineering teams, product managers, support teams and leaders across the firm to design technical solutions and provide architectural expertise, mentorship, and design guidance. This position is in our Gaia Telemetry team which provides a large scale data pipeline for telemetry data (metrics, events, logs, traces); allowing customers to send, store, query and stream their data at scale.
* Partner with and steer the product owners who offer services (e.g. virtual machines, containers, application platforms, service meshes, etc.) toward technical solutions that fit well with the long term vision
* Work with application, site reliability engineering and IT teams who build and support JP Morgan Chase applications choose the right tools for the job at hand and utilize the chosen technologies part of the long term strategy
* Collaborate with the data teams across JP Morgan Chase to influence and design data models for telemetry data that enable teams to have observability of services and applications
* Across all dimensions, partner very closely with the peer AI & ML team to ensure that they can leverage these capabilities proactively to deliver true value and align the telemetry strategy to foster AI & ML capabilities
* Continuously enhance the Platform Telemetry and Observability multi-year architecture with existing heritage solutions in mind and identify opportunities for future investments in newer solutions
* Identify and drive to resolution any cross-team and cross-org technical issues, working with other Architects, leaders and engineers as needed
* Communicate and participate in the strategic architecture forums; Architects serve as the connective tissue working with other Architects and leaders as needed
* You've spent years building high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You have a strong background in how data can proactively observe the health of systems and how the data can be used as a proactive measure to prevent operational issues.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 12+ years of experience with at least 8+ years in a hands-on software role
* 3+ years in product management at an enterprise software company
* Experience building and operating high-scale distributed systems
* You bring experience and familiarity with software products/services for IT management, big data, and/or business analytics
* Experience with public cloud technology, and a good understanding of cloud native management tooling (e.g. AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail)
* You understand a constantly evolving architecture, with a mixture of containerized services and virtual machines
* A technology stack that incudes Linux, Windows, Docker, Kafka, Java, Ruby, Python, Go and more
* Ability to collaborate and impact decisions at the interpersonal level
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans