JAVA Software Engineering and SRE
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Tampa FL USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, database, amazon-web-services
The candidate will be part of the GC2 SWAT team within Global Payments Strategy organization responsible for solving problems, providing L3 support (recovery, mitigation, and root cause analysis) and implementing fixes, platform improvement projects and run the bank projects. This is a global role where the candidate will be exposed to full breath of products supported by Global Clearing Connector as well as the full SDLC. The candidate is expected to be an SME within his/her domain.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Candidate should possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• At least 7 years of experience in Java enterprise application development, preferably delivering high-performance, mission critical applications
• Min 5 years' experience in relational database design; database performance tuning experience will be a strong advantage
• Experience in problem management and trouble shooting is an advantage.
• Experience in working with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Mongo
• Knowledge in developing microservices and RESTful APIs
• Working experience with messaging and pub-sub platforms such as MQ and Kafka
• Working knowledge of keybased authentication and usage of digital certificates
• Good understanding of payments data models; familiarity with the ISO20022 standard is an advantage
• Familiar with UNIX operating system and scripting
• Experience working on vendor products.
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
• Open to work different shifts and/or weekends when required.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to work independently and multi task.
• Able to learn quickly, think outside the box, and solve problems.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans