With Nominet in Oxford - GBMore jobs from Nominet
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, DNS, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
juniper, load-balancing, f5, dns, sysadmin
ABOUT OUR ROLE
How would you like to use your knowledge of network operations to work on systems that are critical infrastructure at the heart of the internet? At Nominet we are proud guardians of the .UK namespace and we are looking for a Network Engineer with good Juniper knowledge to join our Network Engineering Team to support and operate Nominet’s network infrastructure and platforms. You will build, deliver and support technologies that ensure continued network and DNS secure services remain highly available.
This is a role which offers plenty of variety, you certainly won’t be doing the same thing every day. There’s business as usual support, but also various project activities to get stuck into, including design and deployment of core internet infrastructure.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
In a nutshell you will help maintain high service levels and “uptime” to all networks and connected services and create simple solutions for complex and challenging problems. Read on for more details of what you can expect to be doing as a Network Engineer:
- Provide technical expertise to assist in the support and operation of the Network in support of DNS platforms and systems.
- Analyse business requirements and design/ deploy Network infrastructure to satisfy those needs.
- Ensure that the network is secure, stable and maintained to maximise uptime for external and internal systems.
- React to and promptly resolve incidents within the networks.
- Be a subject matter expert in network related technologies, particularly with regard to ongoing operations.
- Quickly understand the existing environment and rapidly build the relationships required across the business. Understand the strategic importance of DNS to Nominet and its service offerings.
- Become an expert on Nominet’s network and related monitoring & analysis tools.
- Interface with the wider technical teams to ensure all systems are working in efficient and scalable manner.
- Strong ISO process conformation.
WHO YOU ARE
You would join a very knowledgeable and highly motivated team and we’re looking for someone who shares that outlook and who has real interest and enthusiasm for working with the latest technology. We’re keen for you to bring fresh and exciting ideas to the role.
You will have:
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience in the configuration of Juniper, Dell, network devices (Cisco and HP skills also considered transferable).
- Load Balancing Technologies – F5, NGINX.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (Ansible an advantage).
- Experience of a major scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby).
- Knowledge and experience in working with network packet captures.
- Knowledge of Internet operations with focus on DNS services.
- Knowledge of configuration of DNS or nameservers running on Linux desirable.
- Practical Knowledge of IPv6 (desirable).
- Good communication skills to work with teams across the business
- Ability to think laterally and look beyond the obvious.
Due to contractual requirements, candidates need to have UK nationality.