Site Reliability Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Mumbai - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, design, python
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation.
You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks.
As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The SRE will be a key contributor to core infrastructure and functional development teams throughout the life cycle to help support software for reliability and scale.
Key areas of focus include automation, application/platform uptime and quality, packaging/distribution techniques, platform design "operability", analytics, deployment, adoption, and tool development, among others.
The position will wear many hats from owning day to day health and performance, to identifying incidents/developing remediation plans, to working with open source software and experienced packaging techniques, to working with development teams and contributing to the strategic roadmap and execution.
Candidates from a variety of software, platform, or automation engineering backgrounds will be considered for this position.
• Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
• Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
• Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
• Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
• Perform the L1/L2/L3 support activities for the Production Support project with analysis and design work, including impact of requirements across all system components
• Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
• Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
• Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
• 4+ years of expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
• Experience in Database functions (Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase), performance Tuning, optimization
• Familiarity with Python programming language, Autosys scheduler
• Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics/SPLUNK/ Geneos
• Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting, JDBC
Knowledge of infrastructure components is preferred (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.