Software Engineering - Python - Engineering & Architecture
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Mumbai - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Embedded Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, embedded, elasticsearch
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world's most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
Who are we?
We are a global team of technologists within the Corporate & Investment Bank, focused on collaborating with Data Scientists on developing and deploying analytical solutions to meet the firm's business challenges.
Opportunity to innovate and drive measurable commercial value in an industry that is being transformed by analytics including machine learning and AI.
Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of data scientists with diverse experience across technology, finance and academia.
Develop and engineer proprietary and open-source technologies with a team of really good technologists.
Data Analytics Embedded Developer
One of our key roles is that of embedded developer. Embedded developers work with Data Scientists on a wide variety of projects to deploy data science models and provide software engineering expertise throughout the model development lifecycle. They will use internal Data Science platform that leverage proprietary and open source software/tools to ensure that models are developed in accordance with SDLC guidelines, are of production quality and can be deployed quickly. They will need to interact with platform developers, engineering and developer communities and leverage infrastructure that already exists in the firm as well as develop or integrate new technologies.
Example areas of focus
• Model production deployment
• Model training pipeline
• Feature engineering
• Software development best practices
• Higher degree in computer science or engineering
• Expertize in python with experience in libraries like numpy, scipy, spacy, rasa, nltk, keras, tensorflow, pyspark, scikit-learn, matplotlib, pandas, JupyterLab
• Hands on experience using containers, big data platforms like Hadoop and Spark and/or cloud infrastructure covering technologies like HDFS, Hive, Impala, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Parquet, Avro, RDD
• Hands on experience with relational SQL and no-sql database technologies like Oracle, HBase, Cassandra, SparkQL, SQL, ODBC, JDBC
• Experience with logging and monitoring tools (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) and performance analysis
• Experience with batch scheduling technologies like Control-M, Apache Airflow
• Experience with REST web services and messaging technologies like MQ, Kafka desirable
• Interest in data science and data science tooling
• Superb communication and collaboration skills
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.