SRE Project Manager
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Glasgow - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Product Manager, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
This role is in the Lead Design Authority group for AM Operations Technology. The team are building out an SRE function and are looking for a candidate particularly with experience in application stability, telemetry and monitoring. The role will partly be to help drive the SRE agenda, working with dev teams across the organization to help build out various capabilities. Additionally, the role will involve overseeing and driving other broader firm wide technology initiatives across the org, holding teams to account and reporting status.
* Work with teams to understand their requirements for application telemetry in their area and help them deliver on these.
* Have a working knowledge of the tools in this space and be the SME for the org
* Liaise with the broader engineering teams to understand the broader SRE strategy.
* Oversee and project manage cross organizational initiatives in the SDLC and production management area.
* Be an advocate for SRE practices.
* This is a hands on role and previous experience with setting up production monitoring and metrics is preferred. Dynatrace, Prometheus/ Grafana are beneficial.
* Good understanding of running and supporting applications in production. ServiceNow and React experience beneficial.
* Experience with defining SLOs and SLIs.
* Good familiarity with the overall development life cycle from build to deployment.
* Knowledge of production management processes including change management and incident management.
* Ability to influence, drive strategy.
* Good communication skills will be required. It will be necessary to work with multiple development and engineering teams as well as prepare updates to management.
* Good project management skills in overseeing broader initiatives.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.