Application Support - Java
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Mumbai - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, sql, clojure
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation.
You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks.
As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
The SRE will be a key contributor to core infrastructure and functional development teams throughout the life cycle to help support software for reliability and scale.
• Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
• Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
• Knowledge of reference data management business processes and data analysis, as well as the ability to construct complex data queries and collaborate with colleagues
• Understanding of business needs, including how data is used and managed, and functional design
• Design, document and oversee implementation of new operating models
• Establish and maintain strong controls and oversight to reduce operational risk
• Perform support activities for the Production Support project with analysis and design work, including impact of requirements across all system components
• Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
• 4+ years of experience in Java application support
• Experience in PL/SQL, Unix Shell scripting
• Production Support Stability/ Self-heal / Automation experience is highly preferred
• Experience in ETL tools such as Abinitio or Informatica would be good to have
• Experience in SQL debugging skillsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.