Senior DevOps Engineer
With UK Home Office in Manchester - GBMore jobs from UK Home Office
Posted on February 23, 2021
About this job
Compensation: £52k - 68k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Government, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, docker, kubernetes, azure, sysadmin
We’re looking for someone to work with us on a once in a generation digital transformation. You’ll join a thriving engineering community. You’ll need strong experience in cloud environments and a strong understanding of on-premise and hybrid cloud. You’ll be responsible for embedding SRE best practice and applying a software engineering mindset into our infrastructure to deliver better services.
You’ll develop, deploy and operate services and big existing services into SRE-focussed operation. And while doing that, you’ll need to work with peers and across the organisation to create our new operating model and work with our existing vendors to onboard emerging services into the new way.
Your key responsibilities:
- playing a key role in defining our SRE approach to build, improve and maintain critical digital services
- advise on the Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines, ensuring those new users are able to deploy with appropriate speed
- script to automate and design out failures before they happen, helping to create ultra-scalable, ultra-reliable Infrastructure for the Home Office
- drive continuous improvement and automation across services and infrastructure
- advising delivery teams on how to build secure services
Who should apply?
We are looking for someone who:
- can bring SRE best practices to transform ways of working
- can architect and administer scalable, cloud-native and on-premise applications.
- understands security engineering and security best practice
- is confident leading engineers, with experience in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- has a solid understanding of cloud environments, selecting cloud components and defining infrastructure as code to integrate them (Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud etc.)
Above all you will be passionate about improving processes and can communicate effectively with collaborators across organizations to achieve this.