Software Engineering - Rates Athena
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Mumbai - INMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 23, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, xml, agile
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Rates business serves the investment and risk management needs of institutional clients across the world ( such as pension funds, insurance companies and banks ) as a dealer in government bonds and interest rate derivatives. It also supports most governments need to raise money for public services and investment by acting as a primary dealer and market maker in government debt.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. Python is used for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The Rates Athena team is extending the firm's strategic Athena platform for Fixed Income businesses globally - from New York, London and Tokyo to Sydney and Lima - to provide intraday real time risk & position management, transaction management,and back office integration. The team follows agile practices, adapted to intra-day Continuous Deployment, and supported by regular retrospectives.
The components built by this team range from front end trading GUIs to server side components written in reactive programming paradigm, with responsibilities include pricing, trade capture, sales workflows, position & risk management, profit and loss calculation, trade lifecycle management and integration with internal systems responsible for settlement, financing, risk aggregation and regulatory reporting.
As a senior developer you will join the Rates Athena Platform team (part of the Rates organization in the Corporate and Investment Bank). As platform team we are at the forefront of ensuring reliability and scalalibity of technology stack throughout the Rates organization.
Your role in SRE team is to operate, manage, and automate large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. You will be required work closely with developers, architects and Core Platform Engineering teams to deliver strategic solutions
* Participate in technical reviews, define/Improve processes on configuration management, deployment and resiliency planning for the application.
* Contributes to product area, or software in order to automate manual operational work
* Partners with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
* Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions.
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Lead and participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting end application or service monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
* Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Supports end-user functional and system support issues via various channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat)
* Mentors other junior team members
* Strong DevOps / SRE Experience, Infrastructure experience
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills
* Software Developer centric mindset - Think Re-usability, Automation (Reduce Manual Tasks), Scalability
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
* End to end ownership of deliveries to production - including analysis, planning, model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and push to production
You have been leading a development team working in Java, C++, C#, Smalltalk, Ruby or Python and looking for a new challenge. You want to spend less time writing boiler plate code and anaemic domain models, getting bogged down in ORMs, DAOs, build scripts and release packaging and more time understanding the business and delivering great solutions. You enjoy working with talented people and want the opportunities of a top global firm.
* Experience at leading in an agile team
* Good at problem solving and getting things done
* Coaching & mentoring
* Excellent coding, automated unit testing, refactoring, OO design
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Continuous Integration, TDD, pair programming
* NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
* Socket programming, ZeroMQ
* Automated Acceptance Testing / Specification By Example / BDD
* Low latency design, high performance, memory and CPU profiling
* Reactive Programming / Complex Event Processing
* Functional & Graph-oriented programming
* SQL and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
* XML and related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath )
* Message oriented middleware ( e.g. MQSeries )
* Effective at working in a globally distributed team
Essential Business Knowledge:
None - you can learn what you need on the job, with excellent training resources
Desirable Business Knowledge:
* Product knowledge of Fixed Income securities ( bonds, options, futures ) and derivatives ( interest rate swaps, options, inflation, exotics & hybrids )
* Electronic trading markets and protocols ( e.g. FIX )
* Pricing & Risk analytics, PnL calculation
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.