Wholesale Payments Engineering & Architecture - Software Engineer, Associate
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Singapore - SGMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on February 23, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
reactjs, python, java
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As part of Engineering and Architecture (E&A), you will join the Engineering Team which is responsible for identifying and piloting new and innovative opportunities, establishing internal open source process/best practices and aligning with engineering teams across wholesale payments to advise and jointly develop specific asks. We will also engage and establish common demand for innovation, open source and engagements across the estate.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree with at least 6 years of software engineering experience
* Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Successful contribution to software systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, global and collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages i.e. Java/J2EE, Python, Go, React
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* A clear passion to deliver high quality products
* Experience in message queue technologies i.e. Kafka, MQ
* Experience of Cloud Technologies including AWS, containers and Kubernetes
* Demonstrated experience of performing DevOps for platforms
* Experience with Automated testing
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.