Programmer Analyst 4-IT (JoinOCI)
With Oracle Corporation in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Oracle Corporation
Posted on March 16, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
oracle, sysadmin, linux
Department Description: PeopleSoft Implementations team supports customers hosted on Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS) environment. The team works on PeopleSoft Apps DBA support, Upgrades and Migrations of customers on to the Oracle Cloud. We support customers during their implementation/upgrade life cycle. We work on a 24x7 model. The primary support is from Oracle Bangalore location.
Brief Job Posting:
As a member of the PeopleSoft implementations team, your focus is to deliver PeopleSoft Apps DBA support and solutions to the Oracle customers hosted on OMCS environment. This involves working on change management process and incident management process. Have in-depth knowledge on PeopleSoft technical DBA support activities and the Oracle database support activities. Also should be experienced in Linux platform and Windows platform. Should be able to complete the assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while performing support on customer implementation/upgrade projects.
As a Principal Technical Analyst you will be the technical interface to customers, support during customer implementation/upgrade activities. Should be experienced on Oracle database migration/upgrade activities. Strong technical knowledge on PeopleSoft Application DBA support activities. Sound knowledge on PeopleSoft technical upgrades (both tools and application upgrades). Should have knowledge on patching activities and able to work on the latest versions of PeopleSoft. Should have in-depth knowledge on PeopleSoft upgrades. Should be comfortable to work on Oracle database, Linux/Windows environments. Should have good communication skills and be able to lead technical discussions with customers.
Should be well versed with the PeopleSoft implementation DBA support activities. Should have completed at least 4 full cycle implementation projects. Should have worked as an technical lead PeopleSoft Apps DBA in the implementation projects.Should be able to configure PeopleSoft Change Assistant and perform patching activities.Should have sound knowledge on Oracle database migrations, backups and recovery.Should have knowledge on PeopleSoft installations.Should have sound knowledge on PeopleSoft application servers, process schedulers and web servers.Should have good troubleshooting skills and be able to troubleshoot issues with PeopleSoft upgrade steps, Application Engine, SQR, SQLs, PeopleCode and Oracle database. Should proactively identify issues during implementations and be able to mitigate the issues.Should have knowledge on the latest PeopleTools version and latest patching methodology.Should be knowledgeable to work on PeopleTools/Application upgrades.Should be comfortable to work on Oracle database, Linux/Windows environments. Should have good communication skills and be able to lead technical discussions with customers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Minimum of 5 years of experience on the core PeopleSoft Apps DBA supporting customers during implementations, upgrades and migrations. Should have complete 4 full cycle implementations. Should have good understanding of Oracle PeopleSoft technical DBA and Oracle database activities.
The following is the job description of the PeopleSoft Upgrade Specialist
- Should be well versed with the PeopleSoft upgrade approach (both tools and application upgrades)
- Should have completed at least two full cycle application upgrades
- Should have worked as an technical upgrade specialist in the application upgrade projects
- Should be able to plan for the number of database instances required for upgrade
- Should be able to configure PeopleSoft Change Assistant and configure templates required for tools/application upgrade
- Should be able to analyze the patches and apply them at appropriate steps during upgrades
- Should have knowledge on PeopleSoft installations
- Should have sound knowledge on PeopleSoft application servers, process schedulers and web servers
- Should have good troubleshooting skills and be able to troubleshoot issues with PeopleSoft upgrade steps, Application Engine, SQR, SQLs, PeopleCode and Oracle database
- Should have sound knowledge on Oracle database migrations, backups and recovery
- Should proactively identify issues during upgrades and be able to mitigate the issues
- Should have good communication skills Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.