Site Reliability Engineer (JoinOCI-SDE)
With Oracle Corporation in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Oracle Corporation
Posted on March 19, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
oracle, cloud, sysadmin
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure.At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be ready to take responsibility for all dimensions of application reliability – including availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and scope/capacity planning. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers need. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer’s success. You have a passion for details and an investigative nature, and understand when and why things are working - or not working -as they should. Your interest goes beyond understanding everything about the supported application, you're curious about the potential of next-generation technologies and architectures.
Your preferred qualifications are:
- Proficient with Python, Ruby, Perl, or Java
- Deep knowledge of Networking Services (TCP and UDP based, DNS, DHCP)
- Familiar with datacenter network routing protocols
- Deep knowledge of Linux and host based networking
- Expert Linux performance and stability troubleshooting skills
- Experience with database administration and query, such as Oracle, MySQL
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
- 5+ years of systems administration on 100+ server environments
- 2+ years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc) Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.