Automation Test Developer
With SUSE in Multiple locationsMore jobs from SUSE
Posted on March 26, 2021
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, Computer Software, Enterprise Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
automation, testing, debugging, linux
We are looking for the developer and maintainer for the test automation and contributor to work/process improvement with possibility to be involved in more areas including openQA framework development.
In order to be able to automate tests wherever possible, candidate needs to have a solid insight into how various components of Linux work. This skillset is also needed for the situations when automation is not the most effective solution and manual testing is seen as better option.
- Are you interested in Linux and modern Open Source technologies?
- Would you like to get an insight into how Linux works, work on its quality improvement?
- Would you like to earn a name in Linux community?
- Do you enjoy automating various routine activities so that you don’t have to do them manually?
- Would you like to work in a relaxed environment with flexible working time with the Linux enthusiasts like you?
- Do you have or would you like to gain knowledge of various components of the modern Linux distribution?
- Have you ever contributed to the Open Source project?
- Have you ever written scripts in languages like bash, perl or python you can show?
- Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and would you like to work on their implementation?
- Are you or do you want to be familiar with SCRUM methodologies?
Then join the green side.
We have pancakes and chameleons and first of all Linux.
We are looking for the enthusiasts who enjoy learning new things, have a motivation to make things better, are not afraid of changes, eagerly accept or actively seek challenges and are able to work alone or in the team.
Things and technologies you are going to get in touch with:
- IO/network stack
- and much more
- Getting familiar with all components of enterprise Linux
- Career growth opportunities in technical or management path
- Work procedures improvement
- Learning new technologies
- We set no boundaries – if you know how to do things better, go ahead
- We contribute to Open Source. And so can you. And we will appreciate it.
- You can show off. (Do you know our Hackweeks?)
- Company is full of enthusiasts like you
- We are flexible (for example if you don’t like to wake up early)
- And we also travel a bit (conferences, meetings, exchange programs, training, conferences…)
- We are multicultural team of people spread around the world
- Work on the Open Source automation framework - openQA
- Working on cross-team development and implementation of QA testing and automation
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated tests
- Scaling of innovative process and test automation
- Performing related documentation tasks
- Process improvement
- Work on the community distribution
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of the Linux operating system (experience in Linux system administration or system programming is desirable)
- Interest in the automation area (experience is welcome)
- Dedication to improvement and innovation in testing and automation
- English written and spoken
- Involvement in Open Source projects is a plus
- Analytical mindset
- Able to work individually and as part of the team
- Good communication skills
- Availability to occasionally travel internationally
And little bit more: