Software Development Director (OCI)
With Oracle Corporation in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Oracle Corporation
Posted on March 26, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
jenkins, automation, continuous-integration
Product Development Software Director – Enterprise Applications
As a Director of the Enterprise Apps organization, you will apply your knowledge of application build & deployment automation, monitoring, self-healing skills towards development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing CI/CD pipelines.
You will be responsible to assemble a high performing team of Development and DevOps engineers that excel at a variety of tooling that supports legacy and cloud-native applications. You will manage and control activities in multi-functional areas. Ensure appropriate operational planning is effectively executed. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 9 years of software engineering or related experience.
The mission of your team is to automate menial tasks, application deployment and configuration, improve site reliability and achieve operational excellence. Develop automated runbooks that are built for both modern distributed ways of working and centralized legacy environments, enabling resolution of incidents quicker and improve the productivity of operational teams
You should be passionate about cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code. You will be working on software engineering tasks such as design and development of systems that increase our reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation. Work with application delivery teams on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioural characteristics of production services. Work closely with agile teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools
- Adopt the OCI standard tools and DevOps processes like the CI/CD deployment pipeline.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Build CI/CD environments and streamline deployments for a variety of Enterprise Applications with Jenkins, Gitlab, and other tools
- Monitor and maintain production environment stability
- Collaborate with Agile teams in defining technical requirements and best practices with containerized and cloud-native applications
- Represent production support and site reliability in stand-ups, planning sessions, infrastructure code reviews, and architecture reviews
- Help evolve our configuration management (CM) efforts and our move to containers
- An agile methodology based development
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage production, testing and development environments.
- Build and maintain highly scalable, large scale deployments globally
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call support along with the Release Managers
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 15 years of work experience
- Strong understanding of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and fault resolution skills.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Python or Java.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open-source tools and development languages.
- Write and review code to automate development and deployment processes
- Cloud experience (SaaS and PaaS)
- Strong knowledge of large-scale contact centre architecture based on cloud deployment.
- Experience with technologies like the following: Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch, continuous integration (Drone, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo) and understand its benefits, workflows, etc
- Context-switch between multiple projects / codebases / concepts with ease
- Understand software development at a fundamental level, use the best tools for the job, and always think about the future (at scale) when architecting solutions
- Knowledge in the desired tool CA release automation, Jenkins, repository management (SVN, GIT), deploying software through scripts (ANT, Make, Shell script, vb script)
- Knowledge of fundamental aspects for release automation (packaging, dependencies, promotion, deployment, compliance)
- Experience on project management tools such as JIRA and insight on quality analysis as well
- Experience in integrating testing tools such as Selenium, QTest Manager etc
- Proficient in some of these: Chef, Github, DevOps, Dockers, Jenkins
- Experience or familiarity with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is a plus Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.