Apple Music - Senior SQA Engineer
With Apple in Seattle WA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on March 27, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
testing, web-services, python
This team is more than a group of engineers — it’s a group of music lovers! That passion has made Apple Music the world’s most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music specialists for 115 countries. The team’s data-driven engineers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple’s product groups. As a result, someone can use the Shazam app to identify an intriguing song in a café in the morning, add it to their playlist from Apple Watch, listen to it through their AirPods on their commute, and share it with their family on HomePod at dinnertime. And there’s more where that came from, because personalization powered by machine learning and music science helps listeners discover more of what they love. Apple Music is a big part of Apple’s business because it’s a big part of people’s lives. Areas of work: macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management. You will be joining a team dedicated to creating best in class applications, services and tools that run across a variety of platforms. As a software QA Engineer, you will work closely with software development engineers, project management, as well as business and content teams to understand feature designs, technical implementation details and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and excellent problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaborate as needed with supporting teams.
Skills & requirements
- Experience in services and protocol testing, working with HTTP/JSON/REST APIs.
- Experience leading the qualification of cross-platform applications and services.
- Experience in qualifying cloud-based client/server technologies.
- Experience using network monitoring and analytics tools; CharlesProxy, WireShark, and/or Splunk.
- Experience in API testing of media or data services preferred.
- Thorough understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools and techniques.
- Experience solving complex problems and triaging/reporting issues.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and a proven ability to deliver on objectives with little direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Music and/or audio applications and services experience is preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience