Senior Linux DevOps Engineer
With Apple in Austin TX USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on March 27, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, puppet, sysadmin
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team is looking for a Senior Linux DevOps Engineer to design, build tools and support large scale Linux systems! You’ll play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Apple. You're a specialist in the DevOps space, but don't want to be limited to that space. We're looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner with our engineering teams to ensure they're successful.
The IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Linux Devops Engineer to support our rapid growth and expansion! This new role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at IS&T with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences. You will work with our highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies supporting large scale Linux systems. We solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives. You will help with our team’s initiative for promoting automation and self-service tools for service democratization and enforcing responsibilities with respective app teams.
Skills & requirements
- We are looking for someone who can build, automate and support mission critical large scale infrastructure systems
- Extensive Linux experience, especially with Oracle Linux, CentOS etc, in addition to a good understanding of Linux systems administration
- Automation and configuration management skills using Puppet, Ansible, with a passion for automating things rather than doing them twice
- Strong debugging skills a must. Familiarity with kernel debugging a plus
- Experience in Python, Go, or Java and experience with large installment systems
- Experience with revision control systems like GitHub, CI/CD unit testing, and configuration management systems
- Understanding OS, Systems security / encryption
BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as an SRE, software engineer, or system administrator
- Experience in system automation technology, such as Puppet or Ansible
- Information Security and Regulatory Compliance knowledge
- Experience in Docker, VM, Kubernetes is a plus.