Apple Media Products Engineering- CDN SRE Engineering Program Manager
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on March 28, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Product Manager, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
project-management, scrum, networking
Seeking a seasoned Engineering/Technical Program manager for our CDN Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) group. * The CDN SRE team is responsible for integrating all Apple online services with our first-party and third-party Content Delivery Networks. As the EPM for this team, you will be responsible for the below mentioned tasks. * Will partner with SRE team to define, prioritize, plan, and deliver the project portfolio of technical, infrastructure, and system needs that make Apple, Apple. * The projects might range from systems architecture, deploying end to end infrastructure and cloud environments, development of tools which help with the automation of platform and service operations, complex system changes, tech refreshes, data migrations, service outage remediation, as well as continually striving to scale, streamline and mature operations and operational best practices in partnership with our application development teams. * Persistently remove ambiguity and seek to reduce complexity to ensure clarity around project goals, expectations and timelines. * Develop a broad organizational perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects and be able to facilitate discussions focusing on prioritization of existing projects. Create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex technical projects in a fast moving engineering environment. * Prove your ability to manage deadlines and meet financial, capacity and personnel constraints while successfully completing your projects on time! * Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track. * Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
Skills & requirements
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and technical acumen.
- Prior engineering, infrastructure, or software development project management experience for Site Reliability Engineering and / or DevOps with a focus on Operations planning.
- Experience of managing large scale Cloud and Infrastructure projects, CDN Operations, Networking would be preferred.’
- Preference will be given to candidates who have led Networking projects in the DC environment
- Agile project experience with evidence and able to demonstrate knowledge. Preference would be given to candidates with Scrum / Kanban background and/or played the role of a Scrum Master.
- Proficiency and experience in delivering cross-functional large scale Programs
- Process re-engineering experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous end to end infrastructure, technical projects and stakeholder community comprising of various engineering teams and their partners
- Experience at end to end project delivery; building roadmaps through to operational sustainability.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)