DevOps / SRE Engineer
With Supermetrics Oy in CAMore jobs from Supermetrics Oy
Posted on March 29, 2021
About this job
Compensation: C$90k - 100k | Equity
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Data & Analytics, Marketing Software, SaaS
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
It all started from a Google t-shirt.
What kind of a place is Supermetrics?
- We are a diverse community of curious minds and data geeks that are excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are some of our most prevalent traits.
- We build products that are used by 400k people around the world in small and big companies alike (our more well-known customers include the BBC, Dyson, WarnerBros, and Greenpeace to name a few).
- Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt. We have been profitable and growing ever since.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps/SRE professional to join our fast-paced and growing organization. You will manage cloud infrastructure and automation while working as an integral part of the company project/development team. Attention to detail, a thoughtful problem-solving ability, and a broad knowledge base are essential qualities for success.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Work directly with our DevOps team on a daily basis as part of an integrated team
- Design, configure, test, deploy and improve leading-edge cloud infrastructure
- Deploy automation tools for infrastructure deployment and assist the various technology teams
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical assistance and education for both team members and other coworkers on operations best practices
- Support and encourage a rigorous testing environment, working closely with peers to support infrastructure and application stability
- Configure and manage CI/CD processes and platform
- Continuously work to improve infrastructure and application stability
- Use infrastructure-as-code and scripting methodologies wherever possible
- Document, review and recommend enhancements to existing infrastructure, processes and methodology in order to reduce complexity and improve stability
- Function as a member of the Incident Response Team as required
- Perform on-call duties on a rotational basis and as required to make sure that there is adequate uptime for all production services
Requirements and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with Linux infrastructures, CI/CD tools, scripting such as PHP, Python, Perl andBash
- Deep understanding of MySQL operations and language is an asset
- Experience with the many operations of major public cloud vendors such as AWS and GCP
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team on individual and combined projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting methodology
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
Perks, benefits and other cool stuff
We understand our people is our greatest asset and so we do our best to take care of our team members. That's why we:
- take great care in hiring only people we believe will bring positivity into the team. You don't have to fart rainbows but we don't hire people who aren't kind and humble either
- try to make coming to work a happy daily occasion. This means both making sure we have an awesome community but also making our physical surroundings cozy
- make sure you have the equipment you need to work comfortably and allow the usage of our work devices for casual use as well
- organize team events from annual company-wide ones to office-specific activities. We also encourage our team members to come up with their own ideas for fun activities from smaller scale (like playing games or cooking together) to bigger company-sponsored ones
- host company-wide all hands on deck meetings weekly and monthly basis to stay connected with our fellow team members across our offices
Want to learn more? Apply here!