With ZALORA in Kuala Lumpur - MYMore jobs from ZALORA
Posted on March 30, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: eCommerce, Fashion, Retail
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, database, python, sysadmin
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Database engineer with a strong desire to learn and work on complex systems. You will own database management, infrastructure, performance, availability and backup.
- Manage Database replication, write the documentation
- Work on Automation on database eco systems and monitoring of database
- Improve MySQL Database schema/table/column structures with periodical review
- Manage existing AWS MySQL RDS, Aurora MySQL and MySQL on EC2
- Maintain system to take backups and snapshots
- Work on migration of existing database to new environment
- Evaluate new database products
- Tune performance of databases systems
- Improve redundancy and availability of database systems including Disaster Recovery
- Keep data to be secured
- Maintain Infrastructure Code for Databases
- On-call duty
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience on managing database
- Advanced knowledge on MySQL
- Ability to write PL/SQL or TSQL.
- Shell script, Python skill
- Optional) Experience on Amazon Aurora
- Optional) Terraform, Ansible or any configuration management system, orchestration tool experience
ZALORA is the leading e-commerce company providing fashion throughout South East Asia. ZALORA Engineering has teams in Singapore and Vietnam to serve millions of users in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines and Brunei. This regional diversity presents a lot of interesting challenges that you and your colleagues will face. You will learn a lot by tackling these challenges.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA is Asia’s leading online fashion, beauty and lifestyle destination, part of Global Fashion Group. As one of the region’s pioneer large-scale ecommerce platforms, ZALORA has established a strong presence throughout the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and in Taiwan, enjoying over 50 million visits per month.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.