With Hubstaff in Multiple locationsMore jobs from Hubstaff
Posted on March 29, 2021
About this job
Compensation: $35k - 50k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
qa, ruby, sysadmin
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who will influence our engineering teams to deliver a high-quality product. You'll be working closely with our engineers and product managers to write acceptance scenarios, create tooling and test cases.
Hubstaff is a time tracking, project management and proof of work SaaS solution. We are on a mission to accelerate the digital transition of work and make it possible for even more kinds of work to be efficiently performed in a remote environment.
You'll work 100% remotely. This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who can grow with our products for years to come.
Our tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS, Heroku
- PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, Solr
What You’ll Do:
- Provide quality and usability feedback to the engineering teams.
- Help to discover issues and monitor fixes, and perform regression testing.
- Design test cases and write automated tests.
- Maintain and improve our automated test suites.
- Help teams with test ownership, provide knowledge, explain best practices, and educate developers on using QA tools effectively.
What You Should Have:
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Cypress.
- Hands-on experience with Web and API test automation.
- Attention to detail and user experience.
- Ability to dive into exploratory testing and get a deep understanding of the product.
- High-quality standards but can balance quality, flexibility, and timely delivery.
- Strong experience using Git and Github.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in testing mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.