Senior Database Engineer
With InventoryLab in USMore jobs from InventoryLab
Posted on March 29, 2021
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
nosql, database, analytics, etl
InventoryLab is an awesome place to work. Our staff is engaged, mission-driven, and remarkably talented. We always have and always will be a 100% remote work company. Even without a brick and mortar office, we have an inclusive, highly-collaborative, and, most importantly, FUN company culture.
Why are we telling you all this first? Because we’re a little picky here. We’ve got a good thing going and we want to keep it that way.
So what are we looking for? Put clinically, we seek a Senior Database Engineer. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in the job. See more below for the requirements.
Position is open only to US residents. No visa sponsorship is available.
Who we are:
InventoryLab’s products simplify workflows for online marketplace sellers. We streamline product sourcing, inventory management, product listing, and profitability analysis for our customers. Learn more about us at https://www.inventorylab.com.
How we get it done:
- Our focus is on how we can continue to provide an optimal user experience.
- We use Jira for product management, issue reporting, ideology, and documentation.
- Basecamp is our project management and team communication tool of choice.
What you will be responsible for :
- Development and maintenance of robust scalable data models for relational and NoSql databases in a cloud native environment
- Developing database security models for developer and application component roles following best practices
- Light system administration, maintenance, and monitoring of database servers, backups, and disaster recovery scripts and jobs
- Working with other team members on matching and balancing application feature needs with database performance and scalability concerns
- Helping re-architect our application data models
- Mentoring and teaching others database best practices and advanced data management concepts
- The technology you need to be successful
- 8 paid holidays
- A responsible time-off policy
- Health/vision/dental insurance options
- 401K with company match
- Health and fitness reimbursement
- Home office allowance to customize your workspace
- Working with awesome people (we aren't biased at all)
Skills & requirements
What we are looking for:
- You have 5 years supporting production SQL Server database environments
- You have 5 years designing and maintaining application layer database models
- You have 5 years experience writing and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, and custom functions
- You have been responsible for designing and implementing database backup and restore procedures
- You have at least some experience with NoSQL databases in a cloud environment such as Azure CosmosDB, Cassandra, AWS Dynamo, or RavenDB
- You are good at query and index optimization and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks
- You are willing to learn new things and evaluate new technologies that may suit the application needs better in the future
- You live for details. You understand that details are the difference between a failed and successful release. In fact, when we ask you later, you will tell us that your favorite color is Island Blue!
- You are self-driven and can thrive as part of a fully remote team
What will set you apart:
- Experience with both AWS and Azure cloud environments specifically in data management areas
- Experience with data warehousing and modeling data for warehousing and to support robust reporting and analytics models
- Experience with cloud based big data, ETL, and analytics tooling as well as Elastic Search and/or Azure Search
- Other programming experience and knowledge of different programming languages
- You have navigated the challenges of working remotely and are fully prepared to work within that environment
- You can work with little supervision and can proactively, find, anticipate, and fix issues others may miss
- You can not only do the work but can guide and teach others (player/coach)
- Lastly, we’re NOT looking for someone who just wants a new job. We’re looking for someone who wants to work at InventoryLab.