Senior Engineering Manager Secrets Team
With Mimecast in London - GBMore jobs from Mimecast
Posted on March 30, 2021
About this job
Compensation: £90k - 120k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead, Manager
Industry: Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
security, authentication, encryption, cloud, java
Senior Engineering Manager – Secrets Team
Who We Are:
The Secrets team develops and maintains the internal security and authentication infrastructure at Mimecast. Our mission is to provide an infrastructure and architecture for secure communication with customer infrastructure and overall secrets management which is defensible to sophisticated enterprise customers while also ensuring that is it usable by our broader development and QA teams.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead squads of engineers who are building, enhancing, and maintaining our infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience leading technical teams working in state of the art security environments and is familiar with industry security standards and best practices.
What we would like from you:
- Be an effective leader of multiple scrum teams setting them up for success through mentoring and coaching.
- Empower team members to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership. Use guiding principles to keep the teams on track.
- Experiencing hiring, forming and scaling teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work cross functionally with stakeholders from engineering and product at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver complex projects with predictability. Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
- Proven experience managing teams that develop systems for secure management of secrets, certificates, etc. Experience working with on prem and/or cloud big data technologies.
- Perform role whilst working toward the goals and objectives of the business.
- Provide hands-on problem solving with a willingness to do whatever it takes to complete an objective.
- Encourage others to perform at their best embracing best practices.
- Ensure that individuals on your teams are given the support they need to grow and advance in their careers.
- Experience leading more than one team simultaneously.
- Experience line managing managers and senior technical people.
- Proven track record delivering multiple complex projects.
- Hands on experience implementing / working in state of the art security environments.
- Experience working with Scrum or other agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
As the ideal candidate, you would have knowledge in most of the following:
- Hands on experience working with Identity management systems, key management systems
- Working knowledge of authentication protocols and workflows
- Experience with OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML and preferably: LDAP, ADFS, WS-Federation
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure, Envelope encryption, Key Management, Identity Access Management
Rewards: We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Employee Shares Purchase Plan (ESPP), season ticket travel loan, pension, private medical insurance for you & family including eye care, employee assistance program, life cover and a gym subsidization. 25 days annual leave + family leave and long service sabbaticals.
Office features: in our hyper modern and vibrant office space we provide breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, good coffee & good tea all day long. Dress code is whatever you're comfortable in. MacBooks (specific to dept) or ThinkPads, iPhones, multi-screen setups and any other tech you need. Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise, study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering time off and an in-house Uni.
Check us out here too….
- LinkedIn page: Life at Mimecast
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
- Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast