AWS Cloud Engineer - Forever 100% Remote United States
With Railroad19 in USMore jobs from Railroad19
Posted on March 30, 2021
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, Software Consulting, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, iaas, devops, ansible, terraform-provider-aws
NEW!! Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a _ Forever 100% ** Remote AWS Cloud Engineer.**_
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience architecting and developing enterprise-level AWS IaaS, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to design and develop DevOps pipelines to create best practice solutions for all stages of a DevOps pipeline.
In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, you will be expected to work as an advisor to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a passion for solving complex challenges. For someone who excels at this, there are opportunities for advancement.
- At Railroad19, we build custom enterprise-level applications and cloud-platform solutions for Fortune 500 companies using diverse, current technologies to best meet our clients' needs.
- We're more than just software consultants. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects who bring depth, value, and commitment to the work we do, only bringing our "A" game to the table. Hard work and a desire to lead the industry - this is our company culture - this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- When you join Railroad19 you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed, while offering you a work/life balance. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a Full-Time (W2) position offering competitive compensation, as well as comprehensive benefits, ample paid time off, 401k, and more.
- The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time ( NO - contractors, Corp-to-Corp, or 1099).
- Understand our clients' fast-moving business requirements
- Clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical team members in a clear and effective manner
- Embrace automation tools and technologies to develop solutions in a consistent, efficient, and repeatable manner
- Create and support tools that drive application development best practices
- Create and support robust_ CI/CD _pipelines that enable frictionless delivery of changes to production
- Design, create and maintain cloud infrastructure using IaC tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Adhere to cybersecurity best practices in developing infrastructure that follows the principle of ‘least privilege’
- Proactively identify and remediate violations of security best practices within the supported application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure
- Integrate tooling with our clients' change control process
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure defects to support the application portfolio and its cloud infrastructure
Requires Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience working in technical roles
- At least 3 years of experience working as a hands-on Site Reliability Engineer in an enterprise environment
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience creating and using_ AWS infrastructure as well as designing CI/CD _deployment pipelines
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Terraform, _AWS _CloudFormation, and similar cloud automation tools
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Ansible or similar infrastructure automation tools
- A strong understanding of software security standards and best practices
- Professional Experience with GitHub, GitLab, Git, etc. source control and common branching strategies
- At least 3 years of development with Python, Bash, and/or equivalent scripting languages
- Hands-on Experience with JavaVirtual Machines and the language/framework ecosystem
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, or similar container technologies
- Knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS networking protocols (VPC, Subnets, Security Groups, DNS, route tables)
Preferred Experience (Bonus):
- Associate level or higher_ AWS _certifications