Data Engineer (w/m/d) nationwide - Full-/Part-time
With Bayerischer Rundfunk' in Munich - DEMore jobs from Bayerischer Rundfunk'
Posted on March 30, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Bayerischer Rundfunk provides creative and reliable information, culture, knowledge and entertainment from and for Bavaria: on the radio, on television, in the Mediathek, on BR24, Instagram etc. As a member of ARD, we are proud to make a significant contribution to the diversity of opinion and media with our diverse and high-quality offerings.
For our department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) we are looking for a
Data Engineer (f/m/d) nationwide – Full-/Part-time
Contract: 2 years
Working hours: flexible arrangement
The department Softwareentwicklung und Plattformen (SEP) is the development unit within the Bavarian public broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk. We build award-winning apps for Android and iOS, intelligent applications for screens of all sizes, as well as websites and blogs. We work closely with various editorial teams in radio, television and web and develop innovative platforms like BR24, the BR Mediathek, the BR Radio App or, together with ARD.de, the ARD Audiothek.
These are your tasks:
For our Data Analytics Team we are looking for a Data Engineer (f/m/d). You will help us to source our user data and develop and operate data pipelines in our Google Cloud project. You will create data models in our BI tool Looker as a basis for dashboards and reports to help the editorial and development teams in their daily work. You will work closely with your team colleagues, data engineers, analysts and scientists to advance BR into a data-driven enterprise. If you enjoy working with state-of the-art technologies and want to help shape the path from Business Intelligence to Artificial Intelligence, then this is a great role for you!
- Development, deployment and monitoring of ETL/ ELT scripts
- Close cooperation with analysts, software developers and system reliability engineers
- Development of data models and KPIs in collaboration with the editorial departments and data analysts
- Further development of our database architecture and our data warehouse
What we value:
- Strong analytical skills: A degree in a technical or scientific subject (computer science, physics, mathematics or comparable subject)
- Excellent SQL and Python skills
- Practical experience with the Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, CI services and Docker
- Knowledge of Google Analytics data and BI tools is a big plus
- Strong communication skills, independent working style and the willingness to take responsibility
- Language skills: Fluency in German OR English. Office language is German, but there are also colleagues who speak only English
- For applicants from abroad: Work experience in a German company of at least 6-12 months is expected
We offer you plenty of room for your own ideas and projects, an exciting professional exchange and steep learning curves in a multicultural tech team in the heart of Munich. You also have the opportunity to participate regularly in conferences and advanced trainings. You can plan your working hours flexibly and there is also the option of home office – during Corona and afterwards.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your full application (cover letter, CV, selection of certificates) in German or English via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your possible start date, salary expectations and the platform on which you read this job advertisement.