DevOps Cybersecurity Specialist
With Invitae Corporation in USMore jobs from Invitae Corporation
Posted on March 30, 2021
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Biotechnology, Healthcare
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, python, cybersecurity, ansible, terraform, sysadmin
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
POSITION SUMMARY: The DevOps Cybersecurity Specialist position is responsible for a variety of process and infrastructure initiatives, including platform maintenance and enhancements for Archer’s flagship cloud-based genomics product, automating existing pipelines to improve efficiency and long-term ecosystem health, performing software updates across our AWS platform, and ensuring that managed assets are performing as expected through the use of telemetry, automated alerts, and self-healing infrastructure. This position will have a special focus on ensuring that cloud infrastructure is secure from threats.
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting Archer’s genomics platform is secure, highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Maintain and extend existing configuration management deployments
- Collaborate with the Cloud Operations team to determine thread surface areas and develop mitigations
- Work directly with the DevOps team and software engineers to ensure system integrity and security
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Meet deadlines and set expectations for the secure operation of Archer’s cloud-based software
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Four years in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field – cybersecurity experience in a devops field
- Strong Linux and Bash skills
- Proficient with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proficient with AWS tools and infrastructure (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, Lambda, and CloudWatch),
- Proficient with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Proficient with IAC tools such as (Terraform preferred)
- Proficient with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- BS in computer science, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $97,000.00
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.