GDM SPECTRE - Sr Development & Support Engineer (Dev Ops)
With HSBC Canada in Toronto - CAMore jobs from HSBC Canada
Posted on March 31, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
apache, java, agile
GDM refers to Global Debt Markets under Markets and Security Services business. eTrading, IRIS, SPECTRE and GoldenEye projects facilitate market connectivity, pricing, RFQs and negotiations, processing and persistence of trades centrally for Rates, Credit and EM business covering bonds and derivative products.
The candidate should be able to work in a techno-functional role primarily responsible for L3 production support, development and maintenance of the services on SPECTRE platform. SPECTRE as a platform caters to trade processing, enrichment and transformation for GDM business.
- L3 production support for mentioned applications
- Development and maintenance as per business requirements and priorities
- Coordination, timely reporting to business and IT stakeholders.
- Demonstrate accountability with end-to-end ownership and understanding of the system flow.
- Should have exposure to Dev Ops & Agile methodology.
- Control - Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, policies and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- 6 to 10 years of IT experience in L3 support and defect fixes working on complex technology platforms in Investment Banking domain.
- Experience in SDLC & Agile project lifecycles to gather functional and technical requirements.
- Experience on L3 support with system analisys, root cause investigation providing permanent resolutions with a minimal turn around time.
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, presentation and analytical skills.
- Experience working in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent grasp on Java 8 & related technologies with exposure to Microservices.
- Exposure to development and support of FO applications using Integration / Streaming / Reactive Frameworks (e.g. SpringBoot, Apache Camel, Apache STORM)
- Exposure to Message driven architectures working on JMS, Artemis, Solace etc.
- Exposure to industry standard financial message formats such as FIX, FPML etc.
- Exposure on RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) and NOSQL DBs (e.g. MongoDB)
- DevOps, Tooling & Monitoring expertise with exposure to Jenkins, Ansible, ELK etc.
- Exposure to Fixed Income Cash and Derivartive products.
- Understanding of D2D / D2C Electroninc Markets, Trade negotiatons, trade processing and trade lifcycle would be an advantage.
- Exposre to trading systems like Bloomberg, Summit etc.