MIS Senior Engineer
With Telenity in Bakırköy - TRMore jobs from Telenity
Posted on April 01, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Telenity is an industry-leading provider of cutting-edge software solutions for communications service providers (CSPs) around the globe. We are on the frontline of technology. You'll be working with some of the top experts in the field.
We believe in a work-life balance. We offer a reasonable and flexible working schedule with above average salary and an excellent benefits package.
We are seeking an outstanding full-time MIS Senior Engineer to work in our Istanbul/Turkey office to provide all kind of system and network support for our products running both on local and customer premises worldwide.
Your duties will include assisting in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include servers, mainframes, LANS, WANs, storage arrays, network switches, load balancers, firewalls and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone or platform, mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks. To be successful in this role, you will need strong communication skills, technical knowledge in telecommunications, be willing to learn new technologies and use them in your daily operational duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Maintenance of core processing system and associated components including, but not limited to
Systems Administration – Ensure all systems are properly tuned and monitored for performance and uptime. Mitigate issues in a timely manner, reporting all instances to management. Configuring and managing works in physical and virtual server environments,
- Unix / Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Debian)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMware ESXi and vCenter
- OpenStack (RHOSP)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC)
- HPE ProLiant series servers
- HPE blade series chassis and servers
- Storage (HPE StorageWorks, NetApp, 3PAR)
- Monitoring Systems (Zabbix, Nagios)
- Backup Systems (Veeam, Data Protector)
Network systems – Negotiate and maintain network and infrastructure hardware and software including the following systems:
- L2 switches (Cisco, HPE)
- Routers (Cisco)
- Wireless Access Points (Cisco)
IP Addressing and Subnetting
LAN/WAN Technologies (VLANs, routing, MPLS, IPSec/SSL-VPN, etc.)
- Firewall (SonicWall, pfSense, Fortigate)
- Load Balancer (Zevenet, Cisco)
Data Security – Analyzing provided security audit reports and categorize the vulnerabilities for the needed actions. Conduct, perform and follow the updates over the actions. Prepare/maintain CVE database for reported vulnerabilities.
Working closely with the project and application teams, designing and implementing the necessary configuration works at the customer site or remotely required hardware / software installation, configuration, network equipment (switch, firewall, load balancer etc.)
Writing scripts (bash script) in line with various needs, and using these scripts in daily / periodic maintenance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Open-minded, proactive as opposed to reactive, self-motivation and ownership
- Willing to self-improvement and continuous learning
- Excellent organization, coordination, and teamwork skills, and strong sense of responsibility and the ability to participate projects related to the infrastructure and networking systems and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Strong attention to details
- Highly effective time management skills
- Able to work well under pressure and under stressful situations
- Ability to learn and support new technologies and applications
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in dynamic environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills both in Turkish and English,
- Exceptional knowledge of the functionality, maintenance, and troubleshooting methodology related to the infrastructure and related components.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting skills, techniques, and tools.
- Strong knowledge of IT technologies, processes, and procedures.
Education & Experience
- BSc degree (preferably) from computer science, electrical / electronic engineering departments of universities
- Having at least 5 years of work experience as a system engineer
- To be experienced in server hardware, cabling, installation and configuration in physical and virtual environments
- Experience of multi-user operating systems, protocols, architectures, designs, and equipment configuration. (RHEL, CentOS, Debian)
- Experience with related Microsoft (Windows Server, AD, SQL, IIS) technologies
- Experience with related storage technologies. (NFS, SMB, iSCSI, FC)
- Experience with related infrastructure (virtualization, backups) Technologies.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks and network principles and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, HTTP/S).
- Experience with related network (firewall, load balancers, switch, router, VPN) Technologies
- Experience with system security techniques.
- Knowledge of Internet services such as FTP, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, and DNS
- Ability to analyze network traffic with Networking tools. (tcpdump, wireshark)