Customer Analytics: DevOps Engineer
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on April 03, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
reactjs, sysadmin, cloud
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Product Marketing Customer Analytics team is seeking DevOps engineers in Austin and Cupertino to build an analytics platform to support customer analytics with advanced, scalable and robust architecture, tools, data products, and critical data pipelines that are optimized for rapid business intelligence, data analysis, and data science.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our team’s analytics platform and tools. This is a green-field opportunity to define requirements and build solutions to improve the management of overall tech stack. The DevOps Engineer will: Provide strong DevOps leadership to engineering team, project manager, and management. Develop, maintain, and be responsible for the platform health, scaling and planning Developing self-service tools and automating things to improve data engineering efficiency. Visualize and champion the right use of the platform by building intelligent telemetry. Play a critical part in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime Automate build & deployment processes
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, software engineering.
- Champion zero-downtime deployment process through continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features that provide insights on platform health.
- Build the right tools for monitoring and alerting for the day to day management of analytics platform.
- Experience crafting CI/CD processes and automation.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and working in both on-prim and hybrid cloud setup.
- Hands-on experience with Log mining frameworks like Splunk, Elastic, Prometheus, Loki etc.
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent with Python, Bash, PERL, or other scripting languages.
- Experience working in an agile scrum and also an ability to work independently.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
BS/MS in Computer Science Quantitative Finance, Math, Physics or a related Engineering degree
- Nice to have:
- Experience with back-end frameworks like Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with UI/UX frameworks like React and Angular.
- Unix and Linux System administration experience: ssh, monitoring processes, attaching storage, cleaning disk space, tailing logs, etc.
- Experience with modern web services architectures.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, especially Terraform.
- Experience with relational database systems, including SQL and relational design.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong skills with collaboration, negotiation, and influencing and must be able to work in multi-functional projects with internal partner engineering teams.