Senior Software Engineer - VPN backed and Gateways
With F-Secure in Poznań - PLMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on April 02, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
nosql, networking, linux, c++, python
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
We are looking for a Linux networking savvy software engineer to work on developing the VPN gateway and backend software powering our award winning FREEDOME VPN product and other F-Secure products utilizing VPN technology. We are using DevOps and agile practices do develop and run our services.
You would be focusing on development and operations of the software powering the VPN GWs and backend as part of a development and operations team responsible for FREEDOME VPN service and technology from client apps, SDKs to VPN tunnel termination in the cloud and end-to-end business logic.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in service operations and deployment automation
- Coding skills with C, C++ and Python
- In depth understanding and experience in Linux networking and network programming
- NoSQL databases, experience with Cassandra is a big plus
- TLS and X.509 certificates
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Linux server administration
- Deployments using Ansible
- Network operations and troubleshooting
We are looking for a a person with a security mindset; Security is built in every step of the way.
- Experience from working with internet or communications service providers is a plus
- Experience on large scale cloud deployment automation is a big plus
- Experience with VPN technology is a plus, experience with developing Personal VPNs is a big plus
What will you get from us
We offer interesting challenges, competitive compensation and benefits. You get a chance to develop yourself professionally in an international and highly motivated team serving our customers in providing world class security, privacy and uncensored access to information online.