Embedded C++ Research Engineer
With Bang & Olufsen A/S in Struer - DKMore jobs from Bang & Olufsen A/S
Posted on April 13, 2021
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: Embedded Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics, Music, Television
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
c++, algorithm, embedded, audio, processing
_ The Most Desired Audio Brand
At Bang & Olufsen, we strive to be the most desired audio brand in the world. For more than 95 years we’ve developed products that change moods, inspire minds and instill pride in all of us. We are passionate innovators, using our deep knowledge and collaboration skills to solve and simplify complex challenges every day, each of us driven by the profound effect sound can have on the mind. We welcome others that share our passion._
Join us to develop algorithms for our Interactive Sound Zones for Better Living (ISOBEL) project.
This is your chance join a project that will innovate sound experience in domestic homes as well as make a real difference in hospital environments.
The ISOBEL research project (www.isobel.dk) is funded by Innovation Fund Denmark and is a collaboration between Aalborg University, Bang & Olufsen, SoundFocus and WaveCare. The project will run for 2 ½ years, however, with prospects for a full-time position for the right candidate.
Our goal is to enable control of reproduced sound in domestic and health care environments. More specifically, our approach is to reproduce specific audio content (e.g. music) in particular spatial regions of a room, referred to as sound zones.
The sound zones are dynamic and interactive and created using multiple synchronized wireless loudspeakers. The sound field is measured using microphones at given positions in the room and extrapolated to the regions of interest before being used for online adaptation of the control algorithm.
As part of the Acoustics & Research Team, you will join our open office space in Struer as soon as possible. Here you will optimize audio processing algorithms for embedded implementation in C++17.
More specifically, you will work on optimizing audio processing algorithms for high performance parallel computing in order to enable advanced audio signal processing on platforms like the ARM IMX8m processor. This work will be performed in collaboration with a small team consisting of experts in audio signal processing and advanced C++ features.
In short you will:
- Optimize code for parallel computations using C++17.
- Collaborate on optimizing the audio processing algorithms for enhanced speed.
- Test and document implementations on prototype hardware.
- Support user experiments using the implemented prototypes.
- Define milestones, tasks, and projects in cooperation with team members.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with the rest of the team, sharing knowledge, and discussing research.
You can look forward to joining a very social department that is responsible for acoustic research, electro acoustics, digital signal processing, machine learning and interaction as well as acoustical principles for our products. You will be a full member of the team on equal footing with the rest of your 28 colleagues in Struer.
As a team, we expect a lot from each other, but we also take great pride in helping each other out and providing professional feedback as well as sharing knowledge.
Throughout the ISOBEL project, you will also have the opportunity to work together with the other partners at our newly established laboratory facilities at Aalborg University.
As part of the Acoustics & Research Team, you will join our open office space in Struer or alternatively work at our offices located in Lyngby and commute to Struer 3 times a week.
What you bring:
- A M.Sc. degree in Computer Science (or similar).
- Knowledge of optimizing code in C++ for parallel computations.
- Knowledge of advanced C++ features like template programming.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English speech and writing.
Lastly, it is important that you are a solid team player who can work independently while eagerly sharing information with your team and listening to their input.
Ready to join the most desired audio brand in the world?
Then send your CV and application by pressing the "Easy apply" button. Applications are assessed continuously, so please apply as soon as possible.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position, i.e., references and recommendations
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Martin Bo Møller, Research Specialist, on MIM@bang-olufsen.dk. Please do not send your CV and application to this e-mail directly as these will not be taken into consideration.
Read more about our recruitment process and explore your career opportunities within Bang & Olufsen here.