With Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® in Houston TX USMore jobs from Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Posted on April 12, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Banking, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Public
azure, linux, sysadmin
The Systems Engineering & Operations (SEO) team is seeking a System Engineer to join their growing team. This team supports the entire server lifecycle including provisioning, deployment, support, and end of life, systems management, configuration management, platforms management (Azure, SaaS based apps, etc.), and assisting with process automation. Successful candidates will be hardworking and self-motivating, like working on a team, but also capable of completing a project on time and on your own. Individuals will look for areas to improve processes, as well as enjoy learning new technology. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before April 23,2021..
This position will be filled to be worked out of the following Jack Henry locations. Lenexa, KS, Houston, TX, Springfield, MO or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role as a System Engineer or System Administrator.
- Must have experience using scripting languages.
- Ability to participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Travel may be up to 25% to attend a conference or a training / meeting that may be at various JHA locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Experience with DevOps practices and procedures including Inf as Code software such CHEF, Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience with Public and Hybrid cloud environments including Azure, AWS or GPC.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Github
- Solid technical knowledge in automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies, and supports operating systems, database, or utilities software.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution, and problem analysis.
- Monitors alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.