Site Reliability Engineering Manager (JoinOCI-SDE)
With Oracle Corporation in Bucharest - ROMore jobs from Oracle Corporation
Posted on April 15, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, oracle, clojure
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is leading the transformation to cloud-native Big Data technologies in our hyper-scale, multi-tenant cloud, deployed in more than 20 regions worldwide. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud services that meet the needs of our customers, who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We are interested in a Senior Manager of SRE with expertise and passion in DevOps techniques and who cares deeply about reliability and service health.. At Oracle, you can help, shape, design and build innovative new platforms and tools from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage of our SRE journey, and working on ambitious new initiatives for automation.
As a Senior Manager of SRE, you will hire, grow and lead a team of SRE’s responsible for automating the service health of a large ecosystem inside Oracle’s Enterprise Applications, all in the name of reliability. You should have technical depth, strong people and process management capability and able to dive deep into any part of the stack and low-level systems. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
Enterprise Applications’ charter is to build managed, cloud native services focused on serving internal and external enterprise customers. The service work scope encompasses not just good integration with OCI’s native infrastructure (security, cloud storage, etc.), but also deep integration with other relevant cloud native services in OCI (like Oracle Kubernetes, enterprise tools etc.). Implementing SRE principles, automating operations, developing systems for observability and much more are all part of the charter.
• Provide leadership and direction
• Be an integral part of the SRE leadership team shaping direction
• Manage local teams and contribute to the success of Enterprise Applications
• Identify, recruit, retain strong SRE talent and empower high performing teams
• Lean into our technology strategy and lead the charge toward our target state
• Demonstrate expertise in cloud engineering
• Have prior experience in building and delivering world-class products, running/adept with SRE and DevOps principles
• Support a highly available and resilient cloud service, and help build supporting systems
• 5+ years of experience in software development / site reliability engineering / DevOps
• 2+ Years of experience leading engineering teams and leadership
• BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available services
• 2+ years of cloud experience.
• Sound understanding of technology and programming languages
• Strong understanding of application performance concepts like scalability, availability and resiliency in cloud environments
• Demonstrated ability to identify, recruit and retain very strong engineering talent
• Experience at an organization with strong operational/dev-ops culture
• Possess an ‘automate everything’ mindset and care deeply about reliability
• Previous success in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures for organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
• Results driven; thrives in a development environment that is agile, collaborative, and in start-up mode, even when faced with ambiguity
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.