System developer/Linux Kernel developer (f/m/x)
With OMICRON electronics GmbH in Klaus - ATMore jobs from OMICRON electronics GmbH
Posted on April 20, 2021
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Embedded Developer
Industry: Electronic equipment, Electronics, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Private
c, c++, kernel, embedded, linux
OMICRON. Our 800 experts in 24 offices worldwide build smart testing, diagnostic, and monitoring solutions. Energy suppliers and industrial companies in more than 160 countries rely on our solutions to make the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity safe and reliable. Trust,
respect and fairness have remained important values in our daily work for 35 years.
For our Software team in Klaus (Austria, Lake Constance region) we are looking for a
System Developer/Linux Kernel Developer
with Focus on Embedded Systems
Is Linux YOUR passion?
Is HW-related software development yours?
Are acronyms such as BSP, CPU, MMU, RT, UTSL well known to you?
Do you like contributing to open source projects?
Then you are in the right place with us!
From different puzzle parts we build our own Linux distribution, the backbone of our testing products. We use knowledge from very different areas to find the optimum secure and RT-capable solution…
We are an agile team of developers and testers that is developing and maintaining a wide variety of highly usable, state-of-the-art embedded devices.
What is it all about?
- You develop Linux based software for our Test and Measurement products
- You foster the inhouse Linux distribution
- HW-related software development (driver development) and HW-implementation are part of your work field
- You participate in the whole software development process (specification, design, implementation, test, documentation and maintenance of your own software)
- You continually expand your application and technology expertise
What skills do you need to have?
- You have a sound education in the field of (technical) information technology and/or several years of kernel related job experience
- You are an expert in the programming of components in C/C++
- You have large experience in the area of programming and maintenance of embedded systems on Linux, including kernel-experience
- Your Experience in writing HW-related software is beneficial
- Openness, flexibility, sense of responsibility and engagement are part of your personality
- You have a very good command of the English language
If that sounds like a task that is designed for you – please apply online!
OMICRON electronics GmbH
Human Resources, Beate Kreyer
Oberes Ried 1, A-6833 Klaus
Phone:+43 59 49 5 2558
Statutory notice: the monthly salary may considerably exceed the level stipulated by the collective labour agreement. The actual salary is based on the individual professional qualification and experience.