Senior Site Reliability Engineer
With ReviewPro / ReviewRank in Barcelona - ESMore jobs from ReviewPro / ReviewRank
Posted on April 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Travel & Tourism
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
Whathappensifthenumberofrequestsis multipliedby 10? Orby 100? Whatifweneed a whole new regionin order tooffera betterserviceforourcustomers? TheInfrastructure and Platformteam at ReviewProislookingforanengineerthatwillhelpussolvethesechallenges.
We are the world-leaders in Guest Intelligence solutions for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based solutions enable 60,000+ clients to obtain a deeper understanding of reputation performance and operational/service strengths and weaknesses. We provide actionable insight to increase guest satisfaction, rankings on review sites/OTAs and ultimately, revenue.
We provide detailed insight through superior data and advanced analytics accessible through easy-to-use tools and a flexible API. Our experienced team delivers industry-leading training and education and is committed to providing a first-rate, personalized service. We are focused on empowering clients to make the changes necessary to create a guest-centric culture within their organizations.
You will be part of the infrastructure and platform team responsible for the design, development, and operations of all services and systems that form the ReviewPro platform.
Your duties include developing, improving, maintaining back-end services, contributing to the platform's architectural design, and ensuring that the services are secure, scalable, and reliable. If you are interested, you will also have the possibility of working on client-facing features more closely related to ReviewPro's products.
As a Senior Engineer, you will own your tasks and decide how to tackle them, working autonomously while getting the necessary feedback and support from the team. Your proactive attitude will identify opportunities for improvement that help take our technology to the next level.
- You have a solid software development background; you are familiar with modern and scalable software development practices.
- Youhave a scientificmindset andknowthatgathering data and metricsisthewaytomake sensible decisions.
- Youcareaboutbestpractices and software maintainabilityis a top priorityforyou.Automatedtestingisyourwaytoensurequality.
- You understand the differences between HTTP calls and event streams and know when and why to use each.
- You have worked on the full lifecycle of a piece of software, from development and testing to CI and deployment.
- You have an intrinsic bias towards simplicity and automation, and a constant willingness to automate processes to reduce time spent on operations.
- You know how to build and run containers, and they are your favourite way of packaging and building applications.
- You feel comfortable working with both relational and non-relational database management systems.
- You are curiousabouthowthingsworkliketo explore modern technologies anddon’t shy away fromoldoneswhenrequired.
- Youknowwhat a pullrequestis and are comfortablereviewingotherpeople’scode and gettingyoursreviewed.
- Flexible workschedule
- Free coffee and tea.
- Brand new office located in thecentreof Barcelona overlookingPasseig de Gràcia
- Free beerontheterrace
- International team and fantasticworkenvironment
- Teambuildingactivities and charitydonationprograms
- DiscountsonPrivatehealthinsurance, ticket restaurant, transport, kindergarden, etc.
- Knowledgeexchange: weattendconferences and communityevents as well as providelearningresources
- Niceequipment: Mac laptops, high-qualitymonitors (1 or 2, thechoiceisyours)
- Deskswithadjustableheight (standing desks)
- Compressed hours on Fridays during the summer